Friday 13 January 2012

Peace Be Still!

Restless Water

"I've had enough of all this" Meg screamed in frustration to her friend.
"I don't know what else to do again, I have been patient through all temptations and persecution but still, they would never leave me alone" She said feeling so gloomy.
"They all question my decisions, they don't understand why I have taken these steps even my parents have asked me to come out of it. I have tried to explain to them countless of times that I am only following the Lord's instruction but they never understand" She cried out.
"It's okay Meg" Lizzy tried to console her. "Everything would be fine" She said.
"I feel like giving up and giving in to them. Even the road the Lord has asked me to take does not seems easy, I have come across storms, earthquake and all sort of things. Every road brings new challenges and He still asked me to take it, I clearly heard His instruction, why?" She asked frustrated.
"Why is it that even when you clearly hear the Lord's instruction for your life, when he ask you to take certain decision, it doesn't come easy, you find so much accusation, disapproval, discouragement all through the way?" Meg said.

Lizzy look at her friend with the most loving face, felt her pain and frustration.
"Alright dear" She said. "Sit, let me share something with you" opening her bible.
"Remember in the Book of Mark 4 from verse 35. Jesus told His disciples to let them go to the other side of the river and he went to sit in one of the boat at the sea side amongst other boats. Now, note first that Jesus gave the instruction for them to go over and he even chose the boat to travel in but after being on the boat, there was a great storm which scared all those aboard and imagine, Jesus was sleeping in the back, undisturbed by the wave or screaming of His disciples. Then, when he was awoken, He commanded the waves to be quiet and the sea to be still".

"Yes, I know the story" Meg said wondering where she was going with it.

"What I am saying is this" Lizzy continued. "Even though he took them on the sea, they still had to face a stormy sea. Sometimes when the Lord tells us to do something does not mean things would be so smooth, we still have to face challenges on the way, discouragement sometimes, disapproval and accusation even from those we love and respect their opinions in our life. This does not mean that the Lord is not with us on that journey even though it may seems as if He is sleeping but He is there, He knows our pain, our trial, our confrontation, he knows everything but the good news is that He is going to pull us through. He will never leave or forsake you. He didn't take you to the sea to make you drown, no!. Everything He does, he does for your own good". She paused for a moment watching the expression on her friend's face who was pondering on all those words.

"Sweetheart, He didn't take you on this journey just to leave you to walk alone, he walks with you all through the way" Lizzy said. "Now, listen carefully, what I want you to do now is stand up and command every waves and Sea to be still". She said in a commanding voice. "Speak the peace of God into your life so in spite of every accusation and challenges, you still have your peace". She said as she saw her face in joy. 

My friends, are you facing any challenge in your decision to follow the Lord's instruction; the fact that there are troubles everywhere does not mean that God is not there with you, it doesn't mean that he's unconcern about our challenges or trouble. He will not leave you or forsake you. God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountain fall into the heart of the sea, though its water roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. The Lord Almighty is with us, the God of Jacob is our fortress. Come and see the works of the Lord, the desolations he has brought in the earth. He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth; he breaks the bow and shatters the spear, he burns the shields with fire. Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted amongst the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Rejoice and be glad for He is here with you, He is holding your hand all through the way and His joy, peace and victory is certain in your life. Now, take time now to speak His peace in to your life. Peace be Still!

Stay blessed.

http://www.circlesoflove.co.uk/blog/peace-be-still

No comments:

Post a Comment