Tuesday 16 August 2011

The battle isn't over yet.



   image photo : Wrestling championship

I heard a story once about two wrestlers fighting in the boxing ring. After so much kicks,blows and grunting, fighter A was winning, Fighter B exhausted and tried, struggling to stand  and suddenly received a heavy unexpected blow, he slumped on the floor battered in pain.
"1", he shouted , "2, 3", he said but Fighter B was wounded on the floor.
 Fighter A immediately jump for victory, raising his two hands up as a sign of victory and then, he heard,
"4, 5, 6", the referee still counting.
"What!", Fighter A shouted, "why are you still counting, no one counts beyond 3, have already won".
"7, 8, 9", referee continued ignoring him.
"Its not fair its not fair, I won the fight", Fighter A said, "why are you still counting?"
Fighter B who was still lying on the floor, looked up weakly at the referee and wondered why he's still counting.
"The fight is over, why are you still counting", he asked? "I am weak and tried, I can't go any further". He said grunting in pain.
Then the referee said to him, "Son, the battle isn't over yet, I will keep counting until you get up, I'm not going to give up on you. I know you are in pain all over, broken bones and ribs; but you can still do it. Catch your breathe, rest for a while but I would keep counting until you get up, the fight isn't over until I say so" he said in the most assuring voice.


Does this sound similar? After you have fought so hard and you suddenly fall. Fight for opportunities, for success, for promotion, for your career, for your family, for your children;  feel like your world is over, worked so hard on that project but still failed, prayed so hard for that child to come home but looks like he's getting farer away, so much persistence, hard work, prayer. Even those who love so much becomes your accuser.


The battle isn't over yet, it may look like all roads is blocked and no way out but our God is a God of all possibilities, His greatness is shown best in our darkest times. For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory. The Lord is your strength and your defence, he has become your salvation. Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous.


His victory is very certain in your life if you would trust him, Haman thought he did won against Mordecai, he used his position and authority to instigate against him, but greater is He that is in Mordecai than he that is with Haman, Our God showed his greatness and gave him victory. God is not going to give up on you, The battle is the Lord and the victory is ours. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear, though war break out against me, even then will I be confident. One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek, that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. For in the days of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.


He is our God, rise up from your pain; Arise and shine for your light is come and the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. Rise up, it's not over yet, you serve a victorious God. Don't give in to defeat, it may seems so on every side, trust me, I understand but Our God says You have overcome. Please......., stand up again, go forth, try again, the battle isn't over. He has opened the door and no one can shut it, He's gone before you and you will not be put to shame, He will give you victory on every side, He has prepared a table for you in the presence of your enemy, Don't worry, they will see the goodness of the Lord in your life but will not be part of it. You will rejoice and be glad.


Stay blessed.

2 comments: